Thursday, May 20, 2010

What? No Retail

Everyday here in Italy, I learn something new. Today I found out that there is no word for "Retail." Have I made a drastic mistake? It turns out that in order to say retail, you need to describe it in many words, and these words are not uniform. Wacky.

I feel I am making in roads with my Italian friends. Yesterday, I had lunch with Cele Raggi, our HR director. We ate at "The Blue Ship." Yes, this was the name of the restaurant and the only thing in "Ingelse" in the entire place. Luckily, Cele took pity on me and read me the menu in English. I ordered the Antigue Insalate (Antigua Salad), which was delicious. She also showed me how to properly dress an Italian salad. Ground salt, followed by balsamic vinegar, followed by olive oil. For those who know these people, Cele looks like a mix between Bernadette Voelker and Tara Logan.

Well, the end of another perfect day (which the weather was today) here in Milano, Lombardia, Italy. Ciao!

Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment