Friday, May 7, 2010

Let the Packing Commence

Friday, May 7. T-minus 1 day until I'm off. Today will consist of packing, taking Mir out for an early Mother's day lunch and my last Andrew's baseball game for a while.

I have been asked a lot questions. Here are some answers:

Do you speak Italian? No. Shouldn't be a problem, after all I am responsible for a team of program hosts who speak it. I can't wait for my first coaching session. I expect it will go something like this, "Loved the energy, but frankly, I couldn't understand a word of it. Next time, could you be a bit more clear?"

Have you ever been to Italy? Yes. I was three. All I remember is that it was really hot. All the pictures suggest personal misery for me In all the photos, I had one sock pulled up and one rolled down. But I wasn't predictable (much like my comedy), I always varied the leg.

Have you ever lived in a foreign country? I currently live in Cecil County, Maryland.

How did you get the job? I was called into an interview during the investor's conference in March. I was being interviewed for a 4 month training job. I knew there was a larger job available, so I asked interviewer Steve Hofmann (my new boss) if I could talk to him about the bigger role. I'm glad he listened.

How is your family taking it? They have been great - after the initial shock. My 8 year old Andrew was the best. When told he wailed, "I have never wanted to live in Italy, I have never wanted to speak Italian." It is amazing how much thought young people give to this sort of thing. Apparently Portugese would have been OK.

Do you think your (tired) sense of humor will work in Italy? I've always felt my sense of humor was internationally timeless. Apparently, I am the only one.

What will you miss the most? Certainly all of my friends and peanut butter.

That's all for now. The end of another perfect day here in the blogosphere.







No comments:

Post a Comment