Thursday, May 27, 2010

And You May Ask Yourself

I was a freshman at La Salle University in 1985. A popular song that year was "Once in A Lifetime" by the Talking Heads. An oft repeated line in the song goes, "And You May Ask Yourself, How Did I Get Here?"

Well, certain days here in Italy remind me of that song. In fact, as I was toured through potential housing by a relocation expert on Thursday, I had that 25 year old number ( 25 years - really?) ringing in my head.

After seeing 8 different places, I finally settled on a home in the village of Garbagnate. A beautiful, small villa with a swimming pool. Unfortunately, Friday morning met me with a phone call saying that a bid had already been placed on this home. "This is not my beautiful house."viewer.png

That left the second home, an incredible 4 story villa in the town of Arese, as a fine second option. A truly "once in a lifetime" home and the largest villa in all of Arese (one of 4 identical villas). The family is sure to love their two years in this wonderful home.

This brings me to another point. How very happy I am with my employer. They have provided enough of an allowance to live in such a place. They are also providing me with a luxury automobile (Mercedes-Benz GLX) for my stay here. "You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile."





















No comments:

Post a Comment