Sunday, June 6, 2010

Culture Club

It has been a week since I last posted here, and I have spent the last 7 days adjusting to life back in the states. It is short-lived, as I return to Milan next Sunday, 6/13. This next trip will be for about 5 weeks. Unfortunately, these 5 weeks will be spent in a hotel. I will be back in the states for another 2 weeks at the end of July (one will be spent in North Carolina on vacation). Once that stint is over, it begins for real. My visa should be close to completion, the family will join me in Italy and I we will move into our new home Arese.

Yesterday, Saturday 6/5 Teri and Andrew spent the morning at QVC getting Italian culture training. I complement QVC on providing this for my entire family. Both children came away excited about their new adventure. One of the facilitators had been a teacher at the American School of Milan for over 20 years. She is currently an associate professor at both West Chester and Franklin & Marshall teaching Italian. The kids really enjoyed hearing about their new school and are looking forward to moving to their new country. Andrew is especially excited and has been practicing his Italian on anyone who will listen. Prego.

Jack, Miriam and I will have our training tomorrow at QVC. Ours is a full day, Teri and Andrew's was just 5 hours.

The overall mood of the family is positive and it has been very nice to spend time with them this week. They all seem to be handling this period of transition well.

Miriam and Jack were able to open the pool over Memorial Day weekend, so the kids have been enjoying swimming during this early heat wave. In an effort to do some American things this week, Jack and I are going to see the Phillies Thursday night and hopefully we will have crabs for dinner one night this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment